View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2022, 15:17 (Ref:4132625)   #3228
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its unclear to me on this idea of A/B squads for a larger number of races. I know that in the past there as the "race team" and the "testing team". While I expect there might be commonality in resources needed (particularly mechanics and other "operational" needs like drivers, and other support resources). I can't imagine the teams are structured identically. So for race weekends you need race engineers, strategists, etc. I can't imagine teams would want to double up on everything. So there would be a number of roles (including drivers!) who would likely need to participate in ALL races. It would be a grind.

If you want to increase the race count significantly then instead split the season so that you have parallel events in two different "series" with a short finale series to determine champions. But I don't really think that would work for other reasons. Including huge cost.

I think the answer is that there is a number of races per season that is just too much to try to do when balancing cost, impact on the team members and frankly dilution of the championship by reducing the overall value of each event (the more events, the less each has an individual impact on the championship).

I love F1, but if I want to watch more racing, I would probably rather just watch other types of racing than more F1.

Richard