View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2013, 06:01 (Ref:3216584)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because compared with other places it's small, tight and a bit Mickey Mouse? Because it has unforgiving banks very close to the edge of the track? Because racing is very expensive and grids are falling everywhere? Because access to the paddock is rubbish?

Not one single item is a killer, but if you lose a few drivers here and there for any one or all of the above then it soon adds up to falling grids.

I'm not saying that any of the above is justified or unjustified, but they are comments I've heard from drivers over the years.

Oh and in my comment above that was queried (someone pointed out quite rightly that MP does pay rates) perhaps I should have replaced the reference to "council tax payers" with "voters"! Your point accepted, but I hope mine still stands!