Thread: Msv & Brscc
View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1774216)   #33
simes43
Racer

simes43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyssa7
This is all well and fine but don't you think that if the BRSCC (or any of the other major organisers) went under, that it would have major knock-on effects for all of us - or at least those that race under that club?

How many of us might be left with cars that don't fit in anywhere else? I might be eligible without too many mods for DTRC, but that's a very restricted pool of circuits even though I'm a southerner. can't find anywhere my car could run, so that years' of effort and money down the drain? And I wouldn't be alone

There's enough dormant race cars (let alone drivers) as it is without forcing more to be of no use

The other clubs would pick up the healthy championships and put on a full program of complete grids, therefore covering the circuit hire problem, the unhealthy championships are then amalgamated or dropped.

Fewer clubs would also mean less technical overlaps for championships where currently identical cars compete for the same market share under different banners.

Many of the dormant cars have been purchased cheaply from championships that are past their sell by date and/or are expensive to run.

If drivers joined well supported series, then only proper business cases would ever make it through the "new championship" selection process.

Unless the grids are full or supported financially by a series sponsor, the current fiddling in the margins will bite all of us.

Or the BRSCC gets its act together.