View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2002, 07:10 (Ref:423558)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
This could be a fun thread!

I've been at some great races at MIS over the years. But when Pruett edged Unser Jr. by 0.056 back in 95, that was an incredible finish. All of the Handford races there have also been rather entertaining. And I'll never forget the Cleveland race in 93, when Mansell and Tracy exchanged positions time after time, lap after lap. It was great to see JV drive from two laps down to win the 95 Indy, (even though Scott Goodyear might think otherwise). The three-wide finish at Portland needs mentioning, as does just about any race Alex Zanardi ever found himself running midfield. You knew ahead of time that he was going to make those positions up! Somehow, somewhere! My mind's drawing a blank now. I know there are more. For all the times I've ran into the kitchen exclaiming "That was the best race I've ever seen!" Watching Greg Moore nurse 92 laps out of a tank of fuel to win Milwaukee was pretty intense. Every corner of every lap, you were expecting him to start coasting. Just ask Gugelmin, Blundell, or Papis what that feels like! The list goes on. Any one of us, given the time to think about it, could write pages!