Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3553943)   #32
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hmmm a very negative view of the 'world' as in New Zealand Circuit racing Kiwi Racing Fan.

For a start, I don't think Taupo will be owned by Tony Quinn, and dismissing the future of Manfeild the way you have is also unrealistic, or worse, wishful thinking, Manfeild actually has a lot of commercial activity and the Manfeild Trust issues have little to do with the viability of the circuit as such.

I am concerned at the future of Ruapuna in the longer term, but the scaremonger's suggesting that "its all over bar the shouting" will have egg on their face when its still there in 5 year's time.

Timaru is a fantastic club circuit that consistently punches above it's weight, the safety issue has been blown out of proportion, and the circuit has addressed a lot of the issues that I was personally critical of.

I can say hand on heart the crash's that happened during our SRS meeting earlier this year at Timaru were down to "Red Mist" in the eye's of several of our drivers, not because of the circuit. I am also with Bill Brown on the Johny Mac crash, John was a victim of his own making, i.e.. not driving to the conditions, and I saw that incident unravel right in front of were I was standing that wet and miserable day.
I'm sure the the SCCC team will appreciate your positive comments Mark.

What frustrates me is that people seem assume that nothing changes at Levels, when in fact the opposite is true.

The club has a very forward thinking management group lead by Kevin Pateman and the day to day running of the operation is handled by our dedicated staff of 2 Karen and Howard and Karen runs a very tight ship.

Kevin and his team are always looking at ways to improve the facility for all involved, Competitors, spectators and volunteers.

Also being club based every spare $$$ is re-invested into the sport and property.