View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2007, 20:30 (Ref:2071145)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Penske not going is a safe bet. If they didn't go before, I don't see them going now when the P2 rules are more restrictive.
Penske will go if Porsche AG helps. Porsche had no interest this past year, as they were still ramping up their program to support customers - and, remember, the Spyder is (was?) a Porsche NA project.

Now, who was the president of PMNA when this project started, and what is he doing now?

Another thought - I would expect that, all throwaway comments aside, Acura is likely to come and run in P2 this year (given the way they scoped out the scene this year, and the way they like to prepare for the future). That way, when their assault in P1 begins, they already know how to run the event. If Acura sends a team or two, wouldn't Porsche want one or two cars there to keep them honest?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James