Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2023, 21:55 (Ref:4141466)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, guess they'll have to rethink US racing. Spring with enough lead time means SE so Sebring. Guess they could try a club circuit somewhere but oh wait it's the FIA so they need fancy. March at Road Atlanta could work but weather is iffy and can be into the 80s but also drops below freezing. COTA has spring tornado risk but a bit warmer, and we've already seen it isn't a fan favorite. Next most southern main sportscar track is VIR I guess but it's in the middle of nowhere and not exactly FIA hospitality level.

Just again feels like the FIA takes the shotgun out and takes aim right at their own feet. I doubt any track would turn them away but LM takes a bit out of the time slots. Spring seems most reasonable for travel but they would need to be looking March or early April at the latest and East Coast only to be back for Spa. End of the year could work but they seem to be dedicated to the Asian swing then and again travel after LM

That said, Road Atlanta in March and I would be there. Late March is TransAm and that has been wet more often than not, a bit more interesting with those cars but WEC would be fine with rain.