Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4141467)   #110
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosgt View Post
Absolutely - I crossed the Atlantic in 2019 to go and see the Daytona 24 Hours (well, 22 and a bit...) and I was really impressed at how it felt like Le Mans in the 'old days'.

Good viewing of the whole track, places you could get photos without catch fencing and the cars 100s of metres away and no expensive grandstands spoiling the view for the ordinary punters who didn't have their ticket paid for as a corporate guest.

I'd go back to Daytona anytime, but I doubt I'll ever go back to Le Mans, despite doing over 30 races in the past.
Funnily enough I'm exactly the same, Daytona still retains what it always had (as does the Nordschliefe) whereas in my opinion Le Mans has gone down hill over the years, for me it started when the Pits were renewed and year on year there have been more & more restrictions. I last went in 2017 and wont be back. Probably be stoned now for heresy!