View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2003, 18:50 (Ref:628633)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I agree, but Im just wondering when the 2004 regs come back into play how much faster GTS cars will be than they are now, especially if big budget manufacturers join, I dont think they would be quite GT1 standard but running in the 3:45's I dont think would be out of the question.

I also think Prodrive could spring a suprise this weekend, the restricotrs have affected the LMP cars much more than the GTS and GT cars, and therefore GTS machines have closed the gap to them, they were faster than all the LMP 675 machines barring the DBA in testing after all. And Gavin has said that he thinks that Prodrive still have some performance in hand.

Still only time will tell I guess, I for one woudnt be suprised to see them better what Oreca did in 2000, that is finish in the top 8..
You need to relise however that the 2004 regs are the same as 2003 for GTS, but we will see more advanced chassis eventually. Its FIA GT that are a year behind ACO regs in allowing carbon chassis. I think with 10% more power in 2004 a GTS could just about get under 3.50 but an quicker would be a stretch. The best LMPs will be around 3.30 and maybe even quicker. Stil a big gap. But I do really enjoy GTS as well. The more LMP and GTS cars the better.

Last edited by JAG; 11 Jun 2003 at 18:53.