View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2008, 11:02 (Ref:2134042)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
First went there to see what was all about in 1989 , with my brother . Missed 1990 cuz I was working in Isreal ..... did 1991 and missed 1992 cuz of a crap grid . did 1993 and 94 ..... got to see qualifying in 1995 and had to leave early cuz our Dad died and have been there every year since except for 2006 cuz my wife was arriving from a trip .

I remember standing on the outside of Tetre Rouge , talking to an old little frenchman . We proudly told him that it was our 5th year at Le Mans , he replyed that it was his 26th or something like that !!! He must have seen some brilliant cars and battles !!! I turned green with envy .......

So this will be my 17th year of Le Mans , im working on beating that old man . I sometimes wonder does he still go .

First year I nearly got run over by a Kremer 962C , the red Kenwood car in their pits out the back . Those old pits were certainly a disgrace but Im glad that I was there and saw them .

Sad that they got rid of the Mulsanne straight though .

The only place that I havent been on the track , is between Arnage and the Porsche curves ..... any ideas ?

I have it in my mind that when I die , I would like my ashs to be thrown around Tetre Rouge , the finest corner in the world .

Is that allowed in France ? Still a few years to go though , hopefully !!!