View Single Post
Old 11 May 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3072683)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Completely disagree with this!!

I've been going since I was 4 and if it wasn't for my dad commanding me to return to my tent, I would have stayed up for the whole race!

We used to go as a family to the race, with my little sister and my mum. My sister sometimes got a little bored but we all agree that the best holidays we ever had we going to the race and staying in a gite for two weeks 20 minutes or so from the track. When we can, we'll all do it again.

My mum was never into motor racing before she met my dad and she's still not in to motor racing much, but she absolutely adores the magic of Le Mans. If she could go every year, she would.

Le Mans can be enjoyed as a family event. The place becomes its own universe during the week and there's nothin else like it - I can't think of anyone not being captivated by the atmosphere, the magic and the humanity on display.
Cool , Im delighted for you , but it mightnt be everybodys cup of tea , I was trying to point out . I have experiance of seeing how someone who is not interested , putting the kybosh on the whole week .

If my wife decided to bring the family on a tennis tournament holiday , Id be bored off my tits !!!

Thats my point , there has to be some interest ..... Its not the Silverstone 6 hours with home at the end of the day , and its not such fun when your trying to keep your little ones dry when the heavens open for the week .

Last edited by The Badger; 11 May 2012 at 14:00.