View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4151332)   #210
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Cars get refuelled during qualifying, don't they?
Yes. But current regulations only allow it inside the garage. So I expect the refueling rigs are optimized for that situation. Are cars allowed in the garage during red flag or are they required to park in the pit lane? If they are not allowed back in the garage, then you would need to create mobile refueling rigs. So while a mobile refueling rig may not be as complex as years ago when refueling was about speed (even those really were not "mobile" as they were to reach into the pit box not to be carted around the pit lane itself), I expect the rigs might remain costly and hard to justify that cost just in the edge case of needing to refuel during red flags.

Richard