View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2002, 09:34 (Ref:303264)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too true, contracts can be broken (or perhaps it is better to say that contracts almost always have get out clauses - money?). However in a discussion about who is driving at McLaren next year it is clearly an important point.

It is one of the few real points we have to go on, the rest is just opinion and conjecture. So I like to start from this premise. I think it is a very strong indication that DC will be at McLaren next year. In which case we are considering who is in the other seat.

This is not based on whether DC is IMO the best choice for McClaren, but rather based on what is most likely to happen.

So, for the second (or other) seat. IMO it will probably be Kimi. He has driven well this year (apart from Monaco) and was a match for Heidfeld in the Sauber, despite much less F1 experience (testing and racing. I don't think that it is such a simple fact, there are indications that Kimi is better than Heidfeld even though Heidfeld was better over the entire 2001 season).

Sorry but I think it'll stay the same! I know that's dull and I know that stops some of our favoured drivers getting the seats we think they deserve, but IMO it does make sense.

However, there is always Mika...