View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2022, 22:21 (Ref:4133897)   #46
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
So, are you saying Ferrari's woes don't start at the top, Richard?
That is a deep question to unpack. It might imply many things.

If there is a start, there is an end. Is the start and end at the same place (just singular poor leadership with Binotto). Or maybe the end is deeper within the team. Is the start and end even inside the team? I can't say one way or another. But I do feel the buck stops somewhere and that is at the top. And that seems to be Binotto. Is that even a good assumption? Is Binotto the top?

My point is that Ferrari F1 operates in a specific (and apparently difficult) environment. Of which many environmental factors are out of the control (or there is very little control) of whoever is at the top of the F1 team. So back to the "start and end of the problems" topic. Maybe the start, or the end, is some of those factors in which can't be control or are hard to mitigate.

Why does it seem to be hard for Ferrari to find success? What are those drivers that determine success or failure? Might be it hard for a single person to solve or mitigate enough of those to make the team a success? Are they empowered to solve the problems?

But in the end, you do have to wonder if Binotto has been given enough time to show if he is able to get it done. It's probably not a winning option to just keep doing whatever they are doing now. Even if it would be hard for most anyone else to do much better (IMHO). But they do seem to be a bit of a clown show these days. So that is why rumors like this are so believable.

Richard