View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4134461)   #87
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess I know nothing about Vermeulen. I suspect the people AOR is referring to include Horner and Marko.....
Yes and Dad. I likewise know nothing about his agent, nor his mother or other family. I am of course not suggesting that everyone in Verstappen’s life (or at Red Bull) is toxic, that would be absurd. But the three key men in his racing career are appalling people.

That said, perhaps I am patronising him by offering excuses. Verstappen is a grown man, even if he is the product of an abusive father and a simpering, indulgent professional coterie. He’s been in F1 for 8 seasons and is a double World Champion. By this point other firebrand youngsters - Senna, Hamilton, Schumacher, Raikonnen - has matured significantly. Verstappen has not.

None of this would matter if he wasn’t such a brilliant driver. That’s what makes it so sad, for him personally and the sport. Behaviour such as refusing to help Perez and not bothering to avoid the collision with Hamilton is just so utterly pointless, stupid and unnecessary. This is the greatest driver of the current and coming era and he is a poor, poor role model and figurehead. IMHO, of course.