View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3338383)   #34
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I could well be wrong, so please don't jump on me if I am, but I thought the verdict was that the tree's proximity to the barrier caused the effect that unfortunately lead to Allan's death?

If so, isn't is just a case of remove said tree and instigate a rule that Armco must be a certain distance away from any similarly solid object? Even moving the barrier inwards and making it more narrow would seem more logical, wouldn't it?
I would think so. I don't see the need to remove the one tree since there is a whole row of them, but moving the barrier a few feet in front of the trees and then lining the barrier with tires would work.
Obviously as the track moves closer to the barrier further down as they enter the Mulsanne, tires wouldn't be practical, but as some have said, some sort of SAFER type barrier would be good, and the track isn't at such a sharp angle in relation to the barrier at this point anyway.