View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2280717)   #50
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Interesting, about time to pension of that elderly MG Lola EX257 B0540 HU03. But you have to look in awe to the results RML has been able to harvest in that car.
Strictly speaking an MG EX265C - but yes - to all intents and purposes a B08/60.

Looking at photos of the car in prep (on DSC) I'm again struck by how small the LMP2 Lola seems. The Speedy car for some reason looks like a smaller package than its Charouz LMP1 stablemate, which I'm sure is an optical illusion but odd none the less. Perhaps something to do with how vertical the A pillars are?

Next year in LMP2 could be really interesting - especially with a crack squad like RML having their '09 car on the track already and with potentially a degree of fading away of the Porsche effort. I'll also be fascinated to see if the B08/60 or variants thereof end up being practically the UK's best selling car - there could be lots and lots of them around next year.