View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4136475)   #108
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
given that only the top three employee remunerations are exempt from the budget cap, adding another (high paid i would assume) manager/department head to the hierarchy would surely have an effect on the remaining budget no?
Possibly, yes. That is a very good point.

However, the roles in question are the seperation of Team Principal from Technical Director. Simone Resta is being put forward as a potential, and he currently fills that role at Haas.

For example on the grid, the following TP and TD roles are split:
Red Bull - Horner/Wache
Mercedes - Wolff/Elliott
McLaren - Seidl/Key
Alfa Romeo - Vasseur/Monchaux
AM - Krack/Fallows
Alpine - Szafnauer/Harman
AT - Tost/Egginton
Haas - Steiner/Resta

The exception seems to be Ferrari who have/had Binotto with a panel of technical directors including:
Enrico Cardile (Performance of Chassis)
Enrico Gualtieri (Power Unit)
David Sanchez (Concept of Vehicle)
Fabio Montecchi (Project of Chassis)
Enrico Racca (Head of Supply Chain & Manufacturing)

The suggestion is that Resta would become the sole Technical Director, with the reduction in status of those other roles.