View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4136480)   #109
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
from a team building point of view under the cap era, i would have thought there would be advantage in assigning more responsibilities to a capable TP not less?
Overheard in an office somewhere in Maranello...

Ferrari Dark Lord: "Alessandro, congratulations. We are going to assign you some of Binotto's old responsibilities in addition to your current responsibilities."
Alessandro: "My lord, why do you hate me so. You have thrown me to the wolves! I will be devoured whole!"
Ferrari Dark Lord: "It's a promotion! A reward for your prior excellent service!"
Alessandro: "I assume I will be compensated for this extra work?"
Ferrari Dark Lord: "Umm, sorry. With the budget cap and all, we have already given the money to someone else"
Alessandro: "Who?"
Ferrari Dark Lord: "Me!"

Seriously, I think maybe part of the problem is that Binotto was wearing too many hats. And while they might have good succession planning inside the team and someone might step up, they will expect (and should be) compensated for a more senior role. It will be additional senior heads and it will be a bit of a ding to their budget.

Richard