View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2022, 21:24 (Ref:4136512)   #117
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i had thought he had worked his way up in the team to technical director before becoming the TP...strange (or maybe explains a lot) if they had promoted someone to TD whose weakness was on the technical side?
I think there are subtle differences. He was actually Chief Technical Officer, as opposed to Technical Director.

For some teams they are different roles. For example, James Allison is CTO at Mercedes, alongside Mike Elliott as the TD.

Honestly, I don't understand enough to know how the roles differ. Just going off what I read in Italian media about the criticism of Binotto.