View Single Post
Old 10 May 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4155406)   #75
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This, for me, sums up why there is no reason for USA to not have 3 (or more) GPs in a season.
It is easy for many to look through a European filter at the US and think of it on the same scale as a European country. Many seem to have been content with countries as geographically small as Spain or Italy to host 2 events in a season but overlook the fact that the US is vast and geographically diverse when you consider the whole nation.

If a geographical area of 10,180,000 sq km (Europe) can host 9 events, why can't a geographical area of 9,833,517 sq km host 3?

https://kellyplanet.com/blog/learnst...1-learn-stuff/
100% agree. As long as the local demand exists (seems to be very much the case as long as they don't price them sky high which will be an issue for Miami and Las Vegas) and the quality of the events are up to snuff (COTA is good, jury is out of the other two).

Richard