Old 3 Feb 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1216988)   #117
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
In the MRA article it says the 1971 winning GTHO was heavily damaged in an accident at Adelaide in 1972, and while some at Ford believe the car written off the logbook for the car suggests it was rebuilt and became Moffats race car again after Sandown in 1972....
Falc, I believe that Bowden's website has something on it, and that the 1972 Moffat Bathurst car beacme the 1973 ATCC winner... but was not the 1971 winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
The Johnson/Donnelly XD Falcon has disappeared sadly. The Johnson/Grant XD Falcon was owned by Grant until the early 90's I think when Johnson reclaimed the car and now sits in the Yatala museum sans-Valvoline stickers of course. In Grant's ownership (and in Grants 1984 colours) it spent several stints in the Bathurst museum.
The ex-rock car is around... somewhere. There have been whispers about it's whereabouts, but apparently the current owner is happy to have it sitting quietly where it is for the time being. I wandered around the 1981 XD again on Saturday... a lovely car, but it would be marvellous if it was one day returned to it's original colour and livery, having been quickly resprayed in an approximation when DJ got it back. Mind you the 1984 XE is completely original and in qonderful condition, as is the Sierra... the Mustang needs some alteration though, and the 1993 EB would appear to be a work in progress, and going on the prelimary bit of signage going onto it, may well be going into its 1993 livery instead of the Bathurst-winning 1994 warpaint.