Thread: Memorabilia
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1188982)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Memorabilia

Wow - The offseason is pretty slow for news thus far!

So let's talk about SOMETHING!!!

How about "Memorabilia"? What cool souveniers have you got?

As for myself, I've collected at least one autograph from 53 different racing personalities, including four former WDC's. Most of these I have as framed 8x10's.

I've built three CC model kits (Barron, Moore and Mansell) and another of JV's Williams.

My wife and I have stolen many a banner from raceways, several of Marlboro and several of Players. As they cannot advertise tobacco anymore, I'd imagine that these things are somewhat of a collectors item? I've also got a nice Marlboro-Racing ashtray, and several racing-related Zippo lighters.

We've also got several T-shirts, some featuring drivers and teams, others featuring specific events. Same goes with ballcaps. My kids even had CART infant and toddler clothing!

I sent Mr. & Mrs. Mears an invitation to our wedding, and received the reply card signed by Rick. That was pretty cool. Too bad he couldn't attend.

In our livingroom we have a beautiful Theirry Thompson numbered print of Rick winning his fourth BorgWarner. It is the centerpiece of the room.

On our front porch we have the RR tire from Al Unser Jr's winning IROC car from Michigan. Sitting atop a stand, with a custom-cut piece of glass, it makes a really interesting table!

I've also got three jackets - two of Penske (pre-split) and a newer one of Forsythe Racing.

But what I cherish the most are the many memories of the fantastic weekends we've been fortunate enough to spend with ChampCar!