View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2610914)   #46
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
Interesting if Chris Hodgetts still got interests in the small class fry by 1988, as he was promoted to the class A Supra. His 1986 champion car was wacked preddy good during Spa 24h 1987.

Jesper
Yes, he kept running Corollas for other people right to the end of 1988- the last time he raced one himself was at the TT, where with the new Brooklyn RS500 a non-starter, he joined Colin Pearcy and Geoff Kimber-Smith in one of the two CHMS Corollas present (a white car) the other (green) driven by Patrick Watts and Malcolm Harrison- Chris possibly qualified in both cars? I posted pics back in the Corolla thread.

Did we ever work out exactly how many Corollas CHMS built- I think it could be at least four?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
I think it was his bread and butter. He had a lot of knowledge of the cars, and people willing to pay him to run them (or hire them from him).

Interestingly (?!!?!) MIL seems to have been run by Alex Moss - I suppose the teams were run pretty closely?
That's an interesting question- Yes, Alex Moss seems to have run MIL- he did some of the early Supra testing, and I think there was some suggestion of him racing one at some point. Interesting that MIL had a Corolla as well- seen in the BTCC (mostly with John Llewellyn, but other drivers including Moss appeared in it) and at the TT (30th overall/4th in class for Llewellyn/Moss)

From memory I think both teams were based fairly near to each other?