View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3348607)   #20
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
No..i don't think so, there will be no loopholes that the top teams haven't thoughted of.

Matter of fact the advantage of petrol ( in practice none) related to fuel flows enjoyed in 2013 due to substantial more fuel tank capacity, is slightly reduced in 2014... all fuel flows are reduced... it will affect worst petrol that needs the RPM (more fuel consumption) to be competitive, and petrol has 100 years of development in motorsport while diesel not even 10 years, that is, much more things able to improve.

Depends on how much good is the "hybrid" factor, but if Toyota remains with the natural aspirated induction engine, i think that even Porsche will be able to beat it... turbo charging can make quite more efficient engines with much smaller displacements, and even so more powerful in all aspects(better heat pumps).

Toyota's hybrid setup and a turbodiesel even if not as good as Audi's, and then they might had been the headlines owners by now, not the other way around. "Hybrid" factor that will be not artificially restricted for diesel in 2014, and Audi for sure will improve quite a bit in this department also, so Toyota wasted a very good opportunity.

Mazda is prepared to wipe out clean ALMS ( like stealing baby candy) with an LPM2 (ALMS is a LPM2 exclusive story now)... http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...n=awdailydrive they are already breaking records left and right in the category on tests... what were Toyota so afraid of !?

WEC in 2014 might end up being a Volkswagen trophy between Audi and Porsche... i hope not, that would suck for sure, raising suspicions... but in the end i think it will be the same old same old ( no one wants to compete !?.. ) as the easier and perhaps the most correct bet... Audi investment is massive including *new* engine and quite complex everything... a good bet from Audi for the investment, only Mazda seems to have competitive innovative ideas, this way it makes easier for big investment decisions on return considerations.