View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1701769)   #11
redgate
Rookie

redgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to diagree with that statement, yes many drivers have money from thier parents to help them but surly if you had the money would you not do it at that young age???
Also many drivers even though are helped with money are still very quick and talented money just helps them get more experience alot quicker than some due to testing and driving a range of different cars,
again not all of the drivers have the money for example daniel laddiman is finding sponsorship wherever he can and is on a very tight budget yet he still manages to find himself on the podium, now this must mean he has a certain ability!
My last point is that i am sure that many young drivers do not 'just give up' motorsport is a very hard bussines to make a career out of due to the lack of sponsorship and support from the government etc and i can think of many junior drivers that won championships and races yet could not find a drive after the 'junior world' one name that comes to mind is jack timpany, he was quick but where is he now?