View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1719633)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well I would suggest that any young driver with ambitions for professional racing would need to learn communication skills and diplomacy. Drivers have to be a package these days. Ability isn't enough - you also have to be able to sell yourself and ingratiate yourself with the fan base. Calling people names isn't the best way to go about that.

As for T-Cars, I'll be honest, they've never done much for me. But it's just as good a place to learn racecraft as any other.

I do think it's a pity that there are many talented drivers that will never get to show what they can do in the BTCC. I'm a big fan of Johnny Fildes, who's not only an excellent driver, but a gentleman as well, but unfortunately, it's a fact of life that these days, it's got a lot more to do with money than talent.