View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3191730)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Re. Adam43, I have also given some thought about the justification behind the diesel vs the petrol hence why I was also considering a Mk 5 VW Golf 1.6FSI, but then again, I heard the stories of diesels being more reliable than petrol engines.
On the reliability front I wouldn't worry about a diesel. Although in the unlikely event a turbo goes it is expensive.
It is mainly just this I'd worry about:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
As for diesels try to get one without a DPF if you do a fair bit of urban driving.
For this alone I don't consider a diesel for our local runabout (the Focus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
don't bother with renaults, the driving position in any and all of them is considered torture by the european court of human rights
and it will break in many many different ways.