View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2022, 22:01 (Ref:4137522)   #33
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Refer back to my post #11 where I stated the case as mentioned: apart from the question of the possibility of spectators in close proximity, with much less protection (in most cases) between 'us' and 'them' than there would typically be at a race track, we also have to consider the fact that a rally driver has another person sat right next to him/her, who could also be put in grave danger should said driver suffer a medical emergency at speed.

Yet still we can all go driving 300+ BHP rally cars with no medical checks, but we can't race a standard Citroen C1 or 2CV? Like Andy, I also have previous experience of stage rallying, and on some single venue events I did in the dark & distant past, people with experience of race events only would possibly be shocked to realise just how close to the cars spectators often get.

So the argument of needing a medical because of having other people around when racing simply holds no water whatever way you slice it.

Could anyone with common sense make this stuff up...?

Answers on a postcard.