View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2015, 07:32 (Ref:3584710)   #32
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earlier this season a revised V6 engine was mooted. I think this is the only viable solution if they do want to change.

A V6 with a bias more towards ICE, less toward hybrid. Perhaps twin turbo, which I believe would improve the quality of the sound, and probably make it a little louder also. Increased fuel flow to allow them to push closer to the 15krpm limit will also improve the sound.

Pushing up over 1000bhp will be easily achievable, the only real downside is the increased fuel use. Refuelling was pretty much ruled out, so increasing the tank size is the only other option, which is a little bit of a pity, but I don't think it matters a great deal in the scheme of things.

I think the above solution will be met with hostility from the public initially, but after seeing the improved engine formula running it will be embraced perhaps not as much as the V10's, but easily as much as the V8's.