View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3918913)   #62
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Based only on his past history in the business world, the passion he's shown running his team and even the recent chat with Enforcer and the Dude, I don't see Roland treating it as an investment vehicle in the same way as Archer (if indeed the rumour is true that he's looking to buy Archer out).

He has too much knowledge of and passion for the sport to do that.

I'd have to answer "yes" to all three of the questions that blaarg raises in the post above in regard to Roland - although not all might agree with with his vision, he certainly possesses that along with a genuinely caring about the fans and wanting to improve the sport.

It must be said though that running a series is different to running a team or even from sitting on the board that overseas the series. I can't imagine that it would all be plain sailing IF the rumoured buyout happened.