View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2453027)   #13
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a great day for F1 and racing in general It's a awesome idea. Also the technical regulations for the cost capped teams mean you're pretty much doomed if you don't go cost capped! The only thing that I'm not so optimistic is this commision. I thought it was going to be some of the big auditors, not a 3 men team. May be they will need a lot more people, but I guess it's enough for them to spot the potential breach and then take onboard more experts to investigate. Another plus to have such company onboard is the license issue, if you cover someone - you can very easily risk loosing it! And they don't care much about 40 mil companies to risk it
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
What's the point ? The whole idea was to reduce the cost of competing in F1, if there are items of significant value outside the scope of the cap, then it doesn't make any sense. I don't know why they couldn't introduce driver salary caps too... as they do in US baseball etc...
I guess the reason behind this is the junior ladder(note driver programs are excluded too), there are many people willing to finance young careers in order to gain in the future. If you cap the drivers' salary, then many won't have this initiative to finance careers. With unlimited testing, you can easily try a lot of young talents like Minardi used to do and you won't care much about Fernando or Kimi I know a funny case, where the father of one driver agreed to finance his career because he specifically thought his son could be taking Kimi's salary in 6 years!