View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2602263)   #17
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Scott you possibly will, but as an assistant to a friend who has mentioned entering a certain race there.
Eddie a hypothetical vehicle: I am wondering if this is a free class or basically a platform for marketing cars such as Radical, Minetti etc with restrictions to match?
Come and say hello,

I think I can speak for most involved and say that its a platform to go racing. The majority of the cars are privetely owned, are exciting to drive and watch, and have lap speeds of cars 3 times the cost.
The owners havnt been forced to buy them. Its no more a marketing platform than the manufactures involved in Forumla Ford or Vee.

Credit must be given to Greg Steer from West who is the main driving force behind this series.
He obviously has a vested intertest in selling his own cars but is a racer at heart and has from the very beginning worked to have as many different cars involved as possible.

I personally dont have a problem with one-offs as long as they fulful the criteria. There have been planty of prosports built but none of them are the same and that certainly goes for the car that they intend to run at clipsal. It will be called a Prosport but will certainly be a one off.

I do however think that the majority of cars for this series will continue to come from the manufactures.

cheers scott