Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3567141)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Spa only has a few stands and benefits massively from this. Fuji is the same, it has enough people to fill a decent percentage of the stands, even in a monsoon. Bahrain was never built for more than a handful of spectators, so it's the others that are the biggest offenders to me. But especially COTA and Silverstone, where the stands are 10% full at best.
See, that's a ridiculous way of measuring success.

For example, if Silverstone seats 10,000 people and 5000 come through the door, lets say 3500 of those will sit in seats (with the rest being dotted around the circuit), which means the grandstands are 30% full.

If Spa seats 5000 people, and 2500 attend, and 2000 sit in grandstands, then they're 40% full.

So does this mean Spa is more successful because the smaller grandstands are fuller? No, it has half the attendance. I understand you don't like Silverstone, and I completely understand the dislike of the removal of Abbey and Bridge, but you can hardly say "it has too many grand stands for viewing!" as a legitimate downside. Saying "It looks stupid" doesn't really stand up, when the racing is utterly amazing - as WEC and ELMS were at Silverstone this year.