View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2918267)   #1984
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
A beautifully produced review of almost 14 minutes from Audi. Includes a couple of interview style clips featuring Chris Reinke, our 'technical' host at the garage visits.

Several moments in the film sent shivers down my spine......... ENJOY!
Lovely bit of film - and raises the bar for every other corporate video bodged onto YouTube. For me the R18 is one of these cars that somehow looks better in the flesh than on camera and to have me smiling at the look of it on this is quite an achievement.

It does too reflect one of the points made by Audi in the garage visit - i.e. that they were looking to engage more directly with their customer base, and in putting something like this up free to view and embed is a superb example of getting social media marketing right (as an OT aside an example of getting it 'almost right' that I always hark back to is Victoria Bitter's "rasie a glass" [sic] campaign for Anzac day a few years ago which is brilliant but has embedding disabled).

It's interesting to contrast their approach here to the comparatively restricted distribution of "Truth in 24" - and given some of the intriguing points made in Joe Saward's generally rather good blog (dig down into the comments) Audi buying into using social media and engaging with customers and fans directly (as they said in June that they were planning to do) can only help the cause of sportscar racing overall. Long may it continue.