View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3096620)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Next to no chance of a series round here!
Unless of course, a Ford/Holden badge can be glued to the front of each of the cars/teams entered, and they are all painted red or blue, which would then ensure a full house of race fans and maximum exposure by our pathetic media over here.
Cynical response, but true. IMO
Not cynical... but overlooking the fact that virtually all of the cars in the AusGT world are funded by their patron drivers... that there is negligible factory involvement in the series.. and for the most part, there arent 'young guns' in it that have been placed there to get more exposure/race craft.

A pukka AuLMS series could exist... if someone had more money than sense and was able to sponsor virtually the whole field, to get the infrastructure in place to make it happen...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods