View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4070165)   #1
tomcosgrave
Rookie

Ireland
tomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to Le Mans with mobility issues

Hi folks,

First time poster!

My father and myself are looking at going to Le Mans (by car), possibly in 2022 but more likely in 2023. We have never been but both of us have to F1 races each year from 1995 to 2000 (including Magny-Cours and Spa). Both of us have issues with walking - myself worse than him - so limited distances only at a time so a collapsible chair would be an absolute must and and a lot of pacing in terms of how much can be walked at a time.

I certainly don't have expectations of doing the regular amount of things that others can do (and that I would have done myself years ago at numerous F1 races - last attended Spa in 2000) but is Le Mans doable in a limited capacity? Arrive on Friday, Stay at the FlexHotel arrangement until Monday, get a grandstand ticket and stick to that?

What is the situation with the busses, are they actually reliable, because I've heard very mixed views about them.

Is it doable? Does anyone have experience of people in similar situations going to Le Mans and enjoying it?