View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4070316)   #11
tomcosgrave
Rookie

Ireland
tomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the responses all!

I think after looking intensively at maps that it will be manageable if -

- We get the (eyewateringly expensive) Flexotel. I think staying outside the circuit is probably worse in terms of walking and standing on trams etc.
- I can take rest breaks while walking and have a folding chair along with me for that. I can actually walk, the issue is that I get tired if I do more than say, 200 meters at a time. But all told I reckon it is 2kms all told from campsite to grandstand.
- I am conservative - so any idea of going to Tertre Rouge, Mulsanne or Arnage etc is out of the question during the race itself. Hopefully if we were there for qualifying we could do that then, I know it's got to be done! But during the race I think it will be going to the grandstand and staying there as long as we want to before going back to the site eventually to get some sleep.
- If I joined ACO - probably prudent in case I need help. Also gets access to better stands to get a ticket for.

The idea of mobility aids like a scooter or something is interesting but I'd be amazed if they were facilitated, I can just see the insurance risk to allowing them!

If anyone has any more suggestions or even if they know of experiences, please do reply.

Last edited by tomcosgrave; 25 Aug 2021 at 12:54. Reason: Clarity