View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4070325)   #13
tomcosgrave
Rookie

Ireland
tomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Many people here pooh pooh the idea of staying at a hotel away from the circuit, but I've done it for years and it's perfect for us. We have a 25 minute or so drive in to the circuit, usually parking in Parking Blanc. We are mobile for getting out to Arnage and Mulsanne (although there can be quite a walk from the car parks to the viewing areas there). When we go away from the circuit when there is no action on we have a comfortable room and bed with loads of eateries nearby. People will swear that you don't have the same experience unless you camp, but it's complete tosh really - Le Mans is what you make it - what you want it to be.
That may be the case alright and I've done it that way in the past at Grands Prix - but with disability a problem now I have to look at other ways of doing it. Being mobile and going to Arnage etc just isn't doable. Hotels as far as I can see means more walking, more standing in queues with no chance of sitting down.

Also, I have to admit that I want stay at a racing circuit during a race. I may be forced to do it because of disability but it also has a certain appeal!