View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4070341)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcosgrave View Post
Thanks for the responses all!

I think after looking intensively at maps that it will be manageable if -

- We get the (eyewateringly expensive) Flexotel. I think staying outside the circuit is probably worse in terms of walking and standing on trams etc.
- I can take rest breaks while walking and have a folding chair along with me for that. I can actually walk, the issue is that I get tired if I do more than say, 200 meters at a time. But all told I reckon it is 2kms all told from campsite to grandstand.
hey tom,

i do think that the walk from flexotel to wherever you choose to spectate from is going to cast a really big shadow on your enjoyment of the event.

i'd tend to agree with aysedasi - the best thing for you and your father's concerns is likely to be via a disability car pass from the aco, and a grandstand nearby to the entrance closest to the car park. that way you have a base that you know is a short walk away from the car, and you can explore from there if you feel it's doable without causing yourself too much discomfort.

it's always best to play it safe with your first trip. you're juggling a lot more balls in the planning for this than say, a 20 year old fully mobile lad and his friends, and it takes us all a while to find the best way to enjoy it for what we value and want from the race. it's a hell of a long day even on the practice days, and it's going to be a lot easier for you to manage your energy across the day if you limit that walk. if you have the time you can always try the walk to the flexotel to see if it's a realistic option for the next year.