View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4070350)   #18
tomcosgrave
Rookie

Ireland
tomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtomcosgrave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
hey tom,

i do think that the walk from flexotel to wherever you choose to spectate from is going to cast a really big shadow on your enjoyment of the event.

i'd tend to agree with aysedasi - the best thing for you and your father's concerns is likely to be via a disability car pass from the aco, and a grandstand nearby to the entrance closest to the car park. that way you have a base that you know is a short walk away from the car, and you can explore from there if you feel it's doable without causing yourself too much discomfort.

it's always best to play it safe with your first trip. you're juggling a lot more balls in the planning for this than say, a 20 year old fully mobile lad and his friends, and it takes us all a while to find the best way to enjoy it for what we value and want from the race. it's a hell of a long day even on the practice days, and it's going to be a lot easier for you to manage your energy across the day if you limit that walk. if you have the time you can always try the walk to the flexotel to see if it's a realistic option for the next year.
I hadn't considered a disability pass from the ACO. That would make things easier. Guess I'll have to ask! I definitely need to be playing it safe here.

Thanks for that advice.