View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4070373)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcosgrave View Post
Hmm. I was looking at it more from a public transport angle. I guess I dismissed hotels and driving to the circuit entirely based on concerns around traffic being congested. Would traffic not be very messy leaving late on Saturday night around 1am and getting back in for say, 10am? Getting out on Sunday after the race sounds pretty bad too so I was thinking it might be better to wait till Monday and get some rest before driving.
It can vary Tom, but actually, travelling to and from the different parts of the circuit accessible by car is nowhere near as difficult as it sounds. We don't leave the circuit as such at 1 am on the Saturday, but we do routinely quit the main part of the circuit around 1-2 am to drive from Parking Blanc out to Arnage/Indianapolis. For many many years I'd been 'chauffered' to and at Le Mans but in 2018 I took my car for the first time and I was amazed at how easy it was to get out and about, even when the race is at it's height. Yes, it can take a little while to get away from the road at the back of the grandstands, but generally speaking I didn't find it arduous at all. Again, Sunday after the race doesn't have to be hard. But it depends on what you want to do. If you want to stay and celebrate afterwards, then yes, you're probably better off then waiting a while to leave. We have had a set plan for a number of years which means that we hot-foot it to the car park as soon as the race has finished. Our hotel is on the outskirts of Le Mans (St Saturnin) and we are normally back there within 40 minutes (although I think our record is about 22!). It helps to know the roads well, but as I say, I drove for the first time in 2018 (and again in 2019) and I found it much easier than I'd expected - even with no sleep during the race! Being the anorak I am, before I went in 2018, I 'drove' the route to and from the hotel/circuit on Google Earth! I've been many many times and it's surprising how little attention you pay to routes as a passenger. For you and your Dad though, waiting until Monday may well be a sensible option.

There is time to plan and not to blow our own trumpets, there is a huge amount of Le Mans experience here on Tenths. We even have a member (and a moderator) who lives in Le Mans! There are other sites (who do blow their own trumpets) but few of them can actually beat us for the depth of knowledge we collectively have. If you take Simon and I alone, we've been to about 70 Le Mans between us......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcosgrave View Post
Thanks Aysedasi (great website by the way!).
And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not even an exaggeration.
I can vouch for that. I've been through very unpleasant withdrawal pains for the last fortnight......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 25 Aug 2021 at 17:12.