View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2023, 22:37 (Ref:4144437)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
and for me, being honest, i do choose to ignore those truths because they are inconvienent.

i like sports a lot and am well aware of how that makes me a hypocrite vis a vis my many beliefs about climate change, overconsumption, human rights, the power that those with money can and should have etc etc.

i can own up to that much at least.
Same here. It is the cognitive dissonance problem that is F1. I just try to do the best I can and deal with the internal conflicts. I enjoy the things I like and sometimes hold my nose at other aspects. Is there a point at which I would walk away? For sure, but I don't know exactly where that is just yet.

Richard