View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4148481)   #75
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They are trying to minimise the effect of the 5 second penalty, by having it take place when the car comes in for the tyre stop.

Instead of giving Alonso a 5 second penalty, why didn't they give him a drive-thru, which needs to be served within 2 laps of notice being given? The question of whether the car can be touched, or not, would never arise.
That works as well. Someone who knows the details as to when/why they issue drive through vs. serving penalty during pitstop can speak up. I think a drive through is a more harsh penalty as it creates the problem of a slow in/out lap vs. serving the penalty during a pit stop. Would we just not allow any time penalty to be served during a pitstop? All time penalties are stop and go or added at the end of race if there is no time to serve during the race?

Richard