View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2024, 23:26 (Ref:4194188)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here you go.

A quick reminder of some of the key features:
  • It is the fastest car of each brand.
  • WEC and IMSA are compared by averaging Porsche and Cadillac. After the first WEC race I'll also use BMW.
  • For Daytona I used the top 200 lap times for the benchmarking. It was a clean race and little yellow or weather impact. This choice is always a balance.

Some takeaways.

What is going on? - Cadillac was faster than Porsche at Daytona! It was, but this combines the most recent IMSA and WEC performance. Porsche is fastest in WEC and Cadillac in IMSA. What we are seeing here is the Porsche got really close to Cadillac at Daytona, and remains quicker in WEC.

Acura, influenced by the BoP changes and the change in teams have dropped off. Perhaps also their mind is elsewhere with other stuff going on? This is complete speculation!

BMW got closer to the average. If I'd used practice it would have been closer too. They had a short period of goodness in the race. Perhaps the car is very sensitive to changes in conditions?
Attached Thumbnails
2024 daytona.png