View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2003, 15:50 (Ref:510606)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd be interested to hear what was used as the basis of the car because IIRC the original was based on a shortened and lowered Morris.

The story of "Old Number One" is a bit cloudy because it was built as a trials car for Kimber after he'd started building cars as "Morris Garages" so really couldn't have been "Number One". However it does serve as a reference point. From the picture the efforts of Jim and his friends have certainly captured the car perfectly.

Thanks for sharing that with us GTB.

I can feel a few MG stories coming on.