View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3980805)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1990 was my first year. Missed four. 1992 as I had an exam! Then some in the 00s as I used the time and funds for my own racing. Once went to the Classic instead. Glad I did - great event - but would want it to be as well in the future.

Last year I missed because I moved to a different continent, although I followed it all. Justified that by saying I would do Sebring this year (couldn’t do it last year as was moving then). And then lost the opportunity. I am moving house again as we speak and have pointed out it would be Le Mans a couple of time, but not really sunk in.

However, I’m in the other camp on whether it should go ahead or not if the only choice is behind closed doors. I’m for it. Obviously, in some ways, that would make little difference to me this year.

I’ll be in the basement with all the devices to watch, paring outs of the entry list, session times, etc... Trying to be like Trussers, or, at least, just enjoying being able to follow the race in great detail. I new much more about what was going on. It was different, but enjoyable.

I don’t think it would have been the same for a race I hadn’t been to so many times. I did enjoy the memories of it too. Remembering the places and things I’d seen there. I wore the T-Shirts drank from the cups, even sort out beer I would have drunk while over there (although not the crap at the circuit). During the race I ate better. Had a scalextric, books, flags, etc... all in the room for the days leading up to the race.

Ayse, I don’t think this will change your mind and fair enough, but it was enjoyable. If there is no ability to go then, but they could hold the race, it would force you to see it in a different way. What is available to follow at home is brilliant nowadays. Not, by any stretch, like being there, but better than just another weekend.

And I don’t think it would count as breaking your run.