View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3965740)   #15
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Let’s keep on topic please......

Surprised no announcement on this meeting, yet. Maybe as it’s after the MSUK ban ends.
Me too, but it is very close to the end of the current ban, so if MSUK extend it at the end of April that will leave very little notice and make it all look a bit F1 ish. They will surely be building any event infrastructure (marquee's) before the MSUK ban ends, same with exhibitors and paddock set up.

As an event bod myself, we have already postponed one event that was in around 2 months time(albeit not the scale of Donington Festival) to 2021 and have the venue and infrastructure all booked for that already.

Sometimes you have to bite on the bullet and anticipate rather than get sucked into the waiting game and then run out of time, the nearer you get to the event, the higher your cancellation or postponement costs.

Sadly I can see some of the commercial event organisers and promoters taking a real financial hit this year.