View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3969081)   #3
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I've been waiting for the season to start, and was just as disappointed as everyone else when the situation developed. But, it's important we all stay safe. I do applaud the series for taking a serious look at the options, though. Compared to some other series I could name, we do have real racing with the real drivers and with real commentary and everyone takes it as a real racing challenge. Kudos!

I've tried to summarize the points for the iRacing series, as I think it adds a little something to track the progress over the season. I felt like sharing it, so I hope I have not made any mistakes. No idea how to make a proper table in this interface. Here's the top ten.

Driver Summary

Scott McLaughlin 83

Will Power 76

Felix Rosenqvist 69

Sage Karam 58

Simon Pagenaud 58

Josef Newgarden 48

Oliver Askew 45

Scott Speed 45

Santino Ferrucci 44

I think we already see the importance of consistency in a 6 race season. It looks really promising for Will Power, who has done a good job in both races so far. I'm really looking forward to the next race in Michigan, and I hope my fellow Swedes can do well on an oval. It will be fun!
I had the exact same idea - although it’s not marketed as a championship, it’s useful to see who is performing or not.

However, I have Karam down for 63 points. 54 total for Watkins Glen - 50 for the win, plus 1 for pole, 1 for leading a lap and 2 for leading most laps. And 9 for Barber - 5 for his lowly finish and then the same bonus points scoring (he led at least from lap 1-23 of the 45).