View Single Post
Old 5 May 2007, 23:32 (Ref:1907382)   #10
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO will have problems if diesel engines will continue to be favored by rules. For decades small manufactures and privates team couldn’t do anything against bigs manufacturers, but now the situation has changed, we’ve seen a incredible performance, they win victories and championships, and the most important point: the number of small teams is the highest in endurance racing history; the race grids are dominated by those teams, that are going to stay in endurance for years: they have an indefinitive project, not like big manufacturers: The spend millions, they win the race/championship they want (or absolutely nothing), and then disappear again. Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, BMW, Chrysler, MG, Cadillac, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Renault, Ford, and more and more…ACO want to return to something like the glorious 1992 World Championship? We can lose all those small manufactures and teams if they force these teams to compete vs cars with an engine that has been favored by ACO rules.

Millions and millions + diesel engine with nowadays rules=impossible to win

Millions and millions + balanced rules=more or less possible to win, depend of each team and their work in the car. Money helps but isn’t the most important thing; remember motorsport history since 50s.

Ferdinand Porsche